Environmental, Social, and Governance
Energy efficiency remains a high priority and a feature so prevalent that it is considered a “given” by tenants, owners, managers, and developers. New technologies that make buildings healthier and more energy efficient should ease the need to compromise one goal to achieve the other—both are viewed throughout the industry as key elements of sustainability.
Renewable energy sources are expected to grow significantly. Industry analysts expect that renewable energy use will increase from its current 20% share, to 60% of total energy generation by 2050.
The demand for ESG investing continues to soar, with record inflows amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Real estate firms are seeking opportunities for those investors to place their capital. Altus has enlisted the help of a Certified Energy Manager & Operating Cost Reduction Advisor to analyze our assets under management and provide recommendations on how we can save on utilities and reduce our environmental impact.
As socially responsible investors, Altus takes pride in our efforts to create a smaller carbon footprint so our planet can be enjoyed for generations.
- IREM CSP certifications
- ENERGY STAR certifications
- Sustainable purchasing program
- Waste management and recycling options
- Increase landfill diversion rate
- Conservation of water usage and control waste generation
Altus strives to positively influence our many stakeholders – including our investors, employees, tenants, and the communities in which we invest.
- COVID vaccination time off and mileage reimbursement
- Chaplain program
- Employee interest free loan program
- Fitness centers
- Healthy food options
- Green cleaning programs
- Healthy indoor air quality purification
- Work from home flexibility
- Employer matching for employee-directed charitable donations
- Time off for firm-sponsored community service projects
Our business plan strongly adheres to Altus’ core values and embodies our mission statement.
- Prioritize protection of client information
- Mission statement-driven business
- Employee evaluations align with core values
- Daily data backups
- Frequent, transparent reporting to investors
- Robust cybersecurity enhancements
- Monthly security awareness training
- Clear decision-making structure through committees
Health and well-being certifications are increasingly being sought to assure building users that their spaces are safe to enter and occupy. Land use, zoning, and the location of public amenities are critical to better distribute equity.
Altus has partnered with Alveole to bring bees to our properties in Minnesota. We are proud to be a leader for eco-conscious cities through hive installation. Our hives, located in green spaces and on the roofs of our properties, host thousands of bees and pollinate the surrounding urban flora throughout the summer. At the end of the season, the beekeepers will harvest the honey which we share with our tenants and stakeholders.